Monday, May 30, 2011

Dinner at Hell's Kitchen

When my sister and her fiancee - and my little niece - came for a quick visit, they wanted to grab dinner somewhere fun and interesting. So off to Hell's Kitchen we went. I hadn't been since the restaurant moved to its new location on 9th street in downtown Minneapolis, and it was my first visit outside of the breakfast menu.
The new space is located underground - very apropos. With brick walls and the prominent use of red and black, the inferno can't help but be a fun place.
Even on a weeknight, the place was bustling with activity, which is nice considering parking can be a bit of a challenge (we picked an unfortunate parking ramp, and I ended up paying $13 for less than two hours of parking).
We started with the BBQ Pork Nachos to share - pulled pork BBQ with pickles and coleslaw. They were awesome. The pork was fantastic and there was a bit of a spicy bite. I think they could have used a bit more topping spread among the chips, but they were still great.
I then had the Clubhouse sandwich with fries: two slices of sourdough bread stuffed with bacon, shaved turkey breast, butter lettuce, vine-ripened tomatoes and mayonnaise. It was very good, albeit slightly greasy. And also very filling. I found the fries most enjoyable with their crispy crunchiness.

Overall, Hell's Kitchen was a great choice for my visiting guests. I think they were impressed by the interesting decor and fun ambiance. I look forward to going back and trying the weekend brunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment