Saturday, February 5, 2011

Lunch at Convention Grill

During a recent afternoon of shenanigans with two friends, we visited Convention Grill on France Avenue in Edina for lunch. I had previously been a couple of times, but my friends were newbies to the CG experience.
Best known for its burgers and malts, the 1950s-style diner has a casual and relaxed atmosphere that is perfect for kids and families. The waitresses in their all white uniforms buzz about from table to table. Each time I've been there, it's been bustling with lunchtime activity.  
Fries come sort of family-style. The three of us shared this basket and each had plenty to go around. They're served piping hot and are crispy and delicious.
I also had the California-style bacon cheeseburger. I went true Americana and opted for American cheese. It reminds me of the cheeseburgers my mom would make as a kid, since we were an American cheese kind of family. To this day, one of the first things I do when I go home to visit is slice a few pieces of American cheese off the large block I know will be waiting for me just inside the refrigerator door. Thanks mom, for always having it at the ready :)

Back to the Convention Grill burger. It was well-prepared and filling. The cheese and bacon made it fantastic, and I would definitely classify it as one of the better burgers available in MSP.

In terms of the CG's malts, I would definitely recommend ordering! I had a bad cold when we visited, so I wasn't feeling up for the dairy indulgence, but I've had a malt there once before and loved it.  

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget how precious our waitress was- because she hated us. I would definitely go back, especially with you, Angela Rose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly what my husband would order...and does, almost everywhere we go!

    ReplyDelete