Friday, December 30, 2011

Dinner at Home: Grilled Cheese


As referenced in a recent post about my visit to the Burnett Dairy Cheese Store in Wisconsin, I've been making up a few tasty kitchen creations with my cheese choices. Most notably, I used the cranberry muenster cheese to make fancy grilled cheese sandwiches at my friend's suggestion.

Oh, baby, these were wicked good.

I started by melting some butter in the bottom of a frying pan and placing a slice of whole grain bread in the pan. Next up, a layer of turkey (I like the Healthy Ones low sodium brand you can get sliced up at the grocery store deli counter).


Then, a generous layer of cheese followed by another slice of bread and a tad more butter to brown the second side.


Mmmm....melted gooeyness!


Paired with a nice little side salad (romaine hearts, grape tomatoes, shredded cheddar cheese and Ranch dressing), the turkey grilled cheese is perfect for the season. And so awesome, I had it twice in one week :)

1 comment:

  1. Nothing really beats a good grilled cheese. I like fresh mozzarella with basil and tomato. Yours looks so good.

    ReplyDelete