Saturday, November 24, 2012

A Long Time Coming: Tilia

I seriously love holiday weeks. A couple days off - add in a few vacation days - and suddenly you're catching up on projects, making your own meals, meeting up with friends and family and maybe even blogging a bit. ;)

It's true. I've spent some time de-cluttering and hung a few new pictures on the walls, made two scrumptious dinners, had lunch with two good friends, saw a movie with some of my favorite gals, spent enough time with my mom that she'll be glad to see me go home tomorrow (kidding, I hope), out-played (but didn't win against) my sister in Monopoly Deal, hung out with my favorite rugrats and am now on to blog post number two: recapping Tilia.

Tilia has been on my list so long I was practically itching to go. I've heard so many great things about the menu that when my friend and I were picking lunch destinations, it was a shoo-in.


Located right in the middle of Minneapolis' Linden Hills neighborhood, Tilia is just down the street from children's bookstore perfection Wild Rumpus. It's a quaint, adorable little spot.


And on the inside, it's equally adorable. The place was also packed with lunch-goers on a Tuesday afternoon.


We ordered the french fries with an accompanying fry sauce to share. They were salty and crispy and easily devour-able.


I also went with the fish taco torta, a fantastic little sandwich on a chewy bun with a peppadew pepper slaw and cilantro. So big, you almost can't fit it in your mouth. The sauce had a fun, addictive kick that keeps you coming back for more, and the slaw added a delightful crunchy texture.

I've heard great things about Tilia's brunch and dinner too. I can't wait to go back :)

Tonight, I spend some QT with grandma and tomorrow, I help a two-year-old celebrate her birthday. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment