Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Tuesday Night Dinner at Home: Wednesday Version

Okay, so I admittedly cheated on this, the second occurence of Tuesday Night Dinner at Home. Truth is I was just too lazy last night and opted for a combination of cold leftover pizza, chips and queso and a salad (one out of three things being moderately healthy ain't bad).

So, for TNDAH - Wednesday version, I chose a quick and easy dinner: flatbread pizza and a ceasar salad. This has become a staple in my diet this summer ever since I saw the pizza picture on the Italian Herb flatrbread I use for wraps. Plus, I love Canadian bacon and mushrooms.

Before:
After:
The best thing about these flatbread pizzas is that they're perfect for one person and you don't feel as guilty about it when you assembe it yourself with fresh vegetables, cheese and meat. The complementary salad was fairly simple: Marzetti "Supreme Caesar" dressing (so good!), a mix of romaine hearts and baby greens, croutons and parmesan cheese lightly tossed.

For dessert, big news: Halloween Oreos have arrived! I know, it's hard to even think about summer being over let alone Halloween, but these really are just about the best thing on earth. Thank you, Target :)


Simple Flatbread Pizza Recipe
1 flatbread wrap
Pizza sauce (I like Ragu's Pizza Quick Traditional)
Desired meat and/or vegetables
Mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 375. Place flatbread on pizza stone. Spread pizza sauce to cover flatbread. Sprinkle with thin layer of mozzarella and add desired meat and/or vegetables. Cover with mozzarella. Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.

2 comments:

  1. You just taught me something, I've never made a pizza on flatbread. I've had them in restaurants, but I never thought about doing it at home. Gotta love Oreos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone's Mom - They're nice because they're so easy to make yourself. Off to enjoy some Oreos :)

    ReplyDelete