Monday, September 7, 2009

Visit to the Cathedral

Today we took a trip to easily one of the most beautiful churches in MSP: the Saint Paul Cathedral. It was the final stop on our mini Summit Avenue/Cathedral Hill tour.


Recently named a National Shrine of the Apostle Paul, the Cathedral incorporates a gorgeously painted dome, beautiful stained glass and amazing statues.


Whenever I explore the Shrine to the Nations, I make a special stop by Saint Boniface, patron saint of the Germans (always like to give him a little shout out).

Following our afternoon adventure, I watched Sunshine Cleaning again, which was just as good the second time around. I definitely recommend it, especially to anyone who is an Emily Blunt fan.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful place! I found your blog with the "next blog" button, and since I have a 2 fairly new blogs...one on Midwest travel, and one with cooking/life questions that my 20-something daughter and her friends have asked, I thought we might be a good match.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete