Thursday, October 29, 2009

$3 "Dead" Pizza at Punch

I love a good deal. No...really....I LOVE a good deal. I also love Punch Pizza, which is why tonight found me standing in line in the cold, drizzly rain with my roommate for a $3 "dead" pizza.
I saw the promotion earlier this week on The Heavy Table blog, which linked to the promotional flyer. In honor of zombie season, Punch was offering $3 dead pizzas (read: pizzas no longer appearing on the menu) tonight only.

A little after 8 p.m., we scurried on over to the Calhoun Village location off Lake Street in Minneapolis. Naturally, the line went out the door.
Thankfully, it moved along pretty swiftly. Here, the oven and staff hard at work.
We ordered the Cappricciosa off the dead menu, along with a small Punch Salad. Plenty for two, and quite delightful. The pizza featured roasted red pepper, mushroom, picholine olive and basil, each bringing a distinct flavor to the mix, and the salad was made with mixed greens, pine nuts, parmesan, prosciutto and a heavenly balsamic vinaigrette.

Well worth waiting in line.

Now, off to finish preparing my 'near-famous' deviled eggs for tomorrow's Halloween potluck at work. I say 'near famous' because I bring them to 'nearly' every potluck...my name has become synonymous with deviled eggs.

Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. I was already hungry for pizza and this really sounds wonderful. I've never heard of this place, but I would certainly go if there was one near me!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete