Saturday, February 27, 2010

Pizza Lucé Brunch

Somehow this past week really got away from me, and now I have a little catching up to do...Last Sunday, I met friends for brunch at Pizza Lucé on Selby Avenue in Saint Paul. I was a bit skeptical of the brunch offerings of a pizza establishment, but an advanced look at the weekend brunch menu put my mind at ease. Plus, $1 mimosas are hard to beat.
I ordered the Western Omelet, which came with ham, red peppers, green peppers, poblano pepper, red onion and cheddar cheese, along with sour cream, hash browns (I substituted regular in place of the jalapeno) and wheat toast on the side. I liked the omelet with its bit of Western flair, but I most enjoyed the hash browns. Pizza Lucé did a great job with the seasoning, making the cooked-just-right hash browns quite savory. Oh, and of course the mimosas were fab, too.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I wouldn't think of a pizza place having brunch!

    ReplyDelete