Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tuesday Night Dinner at Home: Taco Pie

Two weeks in a row! Look out...the kitchen is really heating up now ;)

Tonight I decided to try a recipe I found in a cookbook that my office put together to raise money for charity a couple of years ago. It includes recipes from many of my colleagues, and the one that caught my eye this week was for Taco Pie.

Here's a picture of the pie ready for the oven (assembled with help from my roommate).
And, here it is fresh out of the oven (tomatoes on just half since my other roommate isn't a fan).
Served up with a side of Zatarain's Spanish Rice. Probably not the healthiest thing ever invented, but tasty nonetheless.
The Taco Pie was spectacular and extremely quick and easy to prepare. Made with crescent rolls, it had a light and fluffy taste with the added crunch of crushed corn chips. Plus, the meat, cheese and sour cream all baked together was like heaven on a fork. I'll definitely be making this recipe again in the near future.

Taco Pie Recipe
1 lb. hamburger
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1/2 cup water
1 8 0z. can crescent dinner rolls
1 1/2 cups crushed corn chips
1 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded cheese

Brown hamburger, add seasoning and water. Form crust by putting crescent rolls in nine-inch pie pan. Sprinkle 1 cup corn chips over crust. Add meat. Top with sour cream and cheese. Sprinkle with remaining corn chips. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Serve with your favorite taco toppings (we went with black olives and tomatoes).

1 comment: