Saturday, August 6, 2011
10 Things To Do Yet This Summer
Don't get me wrong, I've had a FABULOUS summer so far. Amazing concerts (Kanye West and Usher at ESSENCE Music Festival in New Orleans (for a client event), Ray LaMontagne and Amos Lee at the Basilica Block Party). Great dining (Pizzeria Lola, Fogo de Chao, The Green Room, Al Vento, It's Greek to Me, Buster's, etc.). Fun road trips (Duluth for a wedding, Glenwood for the infamous Waterama, Iowa border for a cheesy casino adventure...err...chance to meet up with a friend). And cool experiences (tubing down the St. Croix River, seeing the final Harry Potter movie, meeting Wes Johnson at the Timberwolves draft party). Not to mention just great times with family and friends all around.
But, I want to squeeze in a bit more. That's not so bad, is it? So, here are the 10 things I want to do before the official end of summer.
1. Take a trip to the Pizza Farm in Stockholm, Wis., on a Tuesday night.
2. Attend at least one showing of Walker Art Center's Summer Music and Movies 2011.
3. Enjoy an afternoon filled with delicious French Meadow Bakery and fun around the lakes (courtesy of a Groupon and Living Social deal).
4. Take in a happy hour on the new Crave rooftop patio in downtown Minneapolis.
5. Treat my grandma to a Twins game and her first trip to Target Field for her birthday (this might be in September, so it's not so hot).
6. Rent a bike and explore parts of the Grand Rounds National Scenic Byway.
7. Attend my first Third Thursday at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts: Art Perchance.
8. Read an entire book at the beach (no, I haven't forgotten my ambitious goal of 26 this year, and yes, I am still on No. 4).
9. Hit up the Great Minnesota Get-Together. I can only handle the state fair once every couple of years. I think I'm up for the challenge again in 2011.
10. Mark my triumphant return to yoga by the end of summer. Yes, I went off yoga for the summer knowing it's a busy (and more expensive) time of year, but I'm going through serious CorePower withdrawals.
So, there you have it. The good news is that by doing all of these things, I'll also have fun new stuff to blog about :)