Things you learn when going through the mail for the first time in more than two months:
- Your subscription to Vogue ran out because you sent in the renewal notice but never got around to actually sending in the check,
- Your last DVD from Netflix came in late June (are you sure you really need to keep that delivery by mail option with the impending price hike?),
- Your complimentary Newsweek subscription (thank you public radio membership) comes weekly and you have yet to read your first issue,
- Sometimes good things come (like birthday rewards certificates) but they also come with expiration dates,
- And somewhere around 80 percent of all mail received is junk mail (perhaps that's why you choose never to open it?).
Anyone have smart, easy tips for managing the ever-growing mail stack? Is going through it diligently each day truly the only way?