Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Dinner at Osetra in San Diego


Earlier this month, I had the opportunity to attend the BlogHer conference in sunny San Diego through work. I took in two days of good learnings and great networking opportunities, alongside some fun sights in the Gaslamp Quarter. On the last night there, we ate at Osetra Fish House, located in the heart of Gaslamp.


It was a beautiful night (heck, every moment of every day in San Diego seems to be beautiful), so we dined outside, right along the bustling street under the bright lights of the hopping entertainment district. While we didn't go inside, we did glimpse the bartender swinging through the air to fetch bottles of wine from the restaurant's three-story wine tower (something the restaurant is known for).


I'm powerless to a good wedge salad, so it should come as no real surprise that I'd order one at an upscale restaurant. And this one certainly didn't disappoint. Iceberg lettuce, cherry tomatoes, crumbled maytag bleu cheese dressing and crispy bacon (those of you who remember my New Year's Eve tapas post will recall that I used maytag bleu cheese for my cheese-stuffed, bacon-wrapped dates...still one of the best cheeses I've ever purchased).


For my entree, I chose the lobster ravioli: house-made ravioli stuffed with Maine lobster and ricotta cheese in a creamy tomato vodka sauce. And it was simply delightful. The sauce was rich and creamy, the pasta was well-crafted and abundantly filled, and it all came together with a nice presentation and a filling serving size.

Osetra was a great restaurant to enjoy in a city that far exceeded my expectations. I'm already thinking about how I can go back for a vacation.

1 comment:

  1. I have never been to California-it is on my wish list! This is my idea of a great meal, I would have ordered the same thing. Yum. Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete