Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Tuesday Night Dinner at McCormick & Schmick's

Thanks to Twitter, I found myself enjoying dinner last night, not at home as is customary on Tuesday evenings, but rather at seafood restaurant McCormick & Schmick's in Edina with my roommates.

@TCFOODFINDS hosts a daily local restaurant quiz, and if you get the answer right, your name is entered into a drawing for a gift certificate. I answered a question correctly last week about M&S's cheap happy hour eats and won a $50 GC to the restaurant's Edina location. Gotta love the power of Twitter.

Rather than putting the gift certificate toward the happy hour specials, we decided to treat ourselves and apply it to a nice dinner. I was especially excited since I'd been craving seafood for quite some time.

First up, a refreshing triple berry martini. Made with their homemade syrup, vodka, water and a splash of lime juice, I reveled in the complementary sweet and sour flavors.
For dinner, I ordered the seafood special, pairing together jumbo shrimp and a lobster tail. The meal came with a vegetable medley of squash, zucchini and tomatoes, and we ordered a side of mashed potatoes to share.

Simply put, this meal was heavenly. The shrimp were skewered, slightly grilled and accompanied by melted butter, and the lobster tail was joined by a rich and buttery lemon-flavored sauce. The vegetables were flavorful, and the mashed potatoes smooth and creamy.

Aside from the near heart attack you get just from looking at all that butter, there really wasn't a single thing I didn't love about this dinner. In terms of service, the staff was friendly and attentive. In fact, the managers went around to every table while we were there to ask about everyone's meal. I tend to think that's a nice added touch.

Seafood mission accomplished.

1 comment:

  1. Lucky you! I've been so hungry for seafood. I'm jealous. This is a great review!

    ReplyDelete