Saturday, May 22, 2010

Brunch at The Happy Gnome

The Selby-Dale area, all the way down to the Cathedral, in Saint Paul is one of my absolute favorite areas in all of Minneapolis-Saint Paul. With a plethora of wonderful dining establishments, cool coffee shops and beautiful architecture, it's a must-visit destination in Saint Paul.

I recently visited one such dining establishment - The Happy Gnome - with friends for brunch. Probably best known for its beer selection, I've also always quite liked the desserts and patio. This was my first brunch visit.

I ordered the Skillet Scramble, made up of eggs, bacon, asparagus and fontina cheese, and served with a side of American fries. I really enjoy scrambles, so it should come as no surprise that I also really enjoyed this one. A healthy portion size at a reasonable price...and of course, bacon (did you know there are more than 500,000 people on Facebook who like bacon? Not Kevin Bacon, not a particular brand, just plain old bacon). And so continues America's love affair...

Of course, the potatoes were good too - crispy, well-seasoned and hearty.

No comments:

Post a Comment