Saturday, May 15, 2010

Mexican Night at El Tejaban

I'm not always a very spontaneous person. So I like to think that what I lack in my everyday life, I more than make up for in my dining adventures. It is that culinary spontaneity that led me to El Tejaban in Richfield recently for dinner. We'd never heard of it before but discovered it during an online search for a new Mexican restaurant to try.
I must admit, I was a bit apprehensive when we discovered it was located within a strip mall. But after stepping inside and finding a bright and pleasant atmosphere - complete with live music - and friendly staff, I put my pre-judgements aside and happily ordered a drink.
I went with the strawberry margarita on the rocks, which was very sweet but still quite good.
Our chips came with two types of salsa - a traditional red salsa and a second yellow-colored salsa. We weren't quite sure what it was made of, but it was slightly spicier and my favorite of the two.
I ordered one of the combination plates with a chile relleno, chicken enchilada and beef taco.
Not to mention a second plate of rice and black beans.

I was a bit overwhelmed by all of the food, and a little bit nervous about the relleno, since I'd never had one before. But it was pretty good...I could have done without the seeds that were still on the inside, though. The enchilada and taco were both excellent, and the rice was good, too.

I was impressed with our experience at El Tejaban - it offered satisfying, reasonably priced food, with speedy service. If I remember correctly, they have a pretty good happy hour, which I look forward to checking out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment